THINGS TO DO IN DUBLIN
Top things to do in Dublin
Here are things we would recommend that you do while in Dublin. Dont forget to come see us at The Irish House Party!
These are things we as Dubliner's would suggest you do. Hope you enjoy your time in our city!
So not in any particular order.......
- Claddagh Records Irish music shop. This is a great little shop. If you are looking for any particular traditional Irish music album, song or tune they will have it here. They also do a great mail order service. The shop is in Templebar.
- Kilmainham Gaol. One of the largest unoccupied gaols in Europe, covering some of the most heroic and tragic events in Ireland's emergence as a modern nation from 1780s to the 1920s. Attractions include a major exhibition detailing the political and penal history of the prison and its restoration. The tour of the prison includes an audio-visual show.
- Experience Gaelic Games: In a world of homogeneity, where many travel experiences have become similar across the globe, “Experience Gaelic Games” offers you a chance to engage in something that is uniquely Irish, something that is embedded in our culture and history and yet is part of day-to-day living. The Experience is suitable for all ages and abilities.
- Viking Splash Tours. This is a really great way to tour the city and is also great fun. The tour takes in all the top sights including Viking and Medieval Dublin, Trinity College, Christ Church Cathedral, Georgian Dublin and much more. The tour departs from Stephens Green North close to Grafton Street on an amphibious vehicle that takes you from land to water and back again.
- Generator Hostel Dublin. This is much much more than your regular hostel. By far the best hostel experiece we recommend in Dublin. Take a look at there website to see what Im talking about....
- Whelans Late Bar. Located on Wexford Street this is a fantasic late bar. It is very popular with Dublin people and incorporates all genres from rock, indie and electronic to traditional, folk, country and roots music. This diversity attracts music fans from all walks off life – students, media professionals, and veteran music fanatics. The street it is located on, Wexford Street, is full of great late bars and clubs and offers a great alternative to the Templebar area.
- The 1916 Rebellion Walking Tour. Lorcan Collins & Conor Kostick, authors of 'The Easter Rising' and Shane MacThomais will take you to the relevant sites of the Rebellion in Dublin, Ireland, to give you an understanding of this historic occasion which precipitated the formation of the Irish Republic. For anyone interested in Irish history this is a great tour.
- The National Museum of Ireland.Located on Kildare Street beside Dail Eireann (our house of parliament) this museum is Ireland’s premier cultural institution and home to the greatest collections of Irish material heritage, culture and natural history in the world. There are some incredible archaeological artifacts in here and admission is free. Well worth a visit.
- Visit Dublin Website. This is the official and best website for organising things to do in Dublin. It provides really good information on attractions in Dublin, tours, accomodation, entertainment in Dublin, famility activities in Dublin and loads more.